Since 2006, KSR has sought to empower at-risk students in Katy to set and achieve life-altering goals through mentorship, unconditional acceptance, and training for a half-marathon. Hundreds of former KSR students are living successful, healthy adult lives thanks to the values and habits developed in KSR.
Through mentorship, unconditional acceptance and training for a half-marathon we empower youth to set and achieve life-altering goals.
We want our student athletes to leave KSR with an ability to set and achieve goals, a confidence to try new things, an ability to interact with others as contributing members of the community, and a desire to live by KSR's core values.
These six values guide the actions of the KSR board, its volunteers, and student-athletes.
- Love: We treat ourselves and others with kindness and empathy. We accept each other.
- Community: We work together as a team to support each other and respect the spaces in which we work and play.
- Resilience: We have confidence in our abilities to move past adversity to reach our goals.
- Trust: We believe in each other and the training process.
- Accountability: We take responsibility for our actions.
- Intentionality: We take each step in the pursuit of a goal with and for a purpose.
- Growth: We face each day in the active search for better versions of ourselves.